Only complete eating habits can help you lose weight and keep your figure in order. There are many diet tables today that complicate the choice. It is important that the weight loss process not only reduces the kilograms you hate, but also does not harm your health. The keto diet meets these requirements.
The essence and principle of diet
The name of the diet table comes from the ketone bodies formed in the body due to the process of lipolysis (excess fat cells penetrate into the blood). The lack of carbohydrates activates the process of seeking energy in the fat layer.
The essence of dietary restriction comes down to the exclusion of dishes prepared from carbohydrate products from the menu. Fat and protein are still energy sources.
Since carbohydrates are the best food for energy, the body will begin to look for them in the stored fat layer, thus speeding up the process of metabolism. It is because of this launch that processing can be carried out quickly, thereby reducing weight. Therefore, the keto diet is very popular.
When using a keto diet, control the carbohydrate and calorie content of the food. It must be nutritious to ensure the normal operation of important systems.
Basic rules, what is allowed and what is forbidden?
In order for the diet chart to take effect, you need to follow some rules:
- Introduce the right amount of fat in the diet to obtain nutrition and energy.
- Calculate the calorie content of meals to ensure physical performance and normal health.
- Maintain water balance throughout the day.
- Consult your doctor before introducing carbohydrate restrictions.
- Eat slowly, preferably according to a plan consisting of 4 to 5 meals.
- You need to cook the dishes in the least amount of time for heat treatment, preferably raw vegetables.
- Daily carbohydrate intake should not exceed 100 grams.
- Use herbal infusion, green tea, and freshly squeezed fruit juice as beverages.
List of approved products:
- chicken, turkey;
- Low-fat fermented dairy products;
- Hard cheese;
- low-fat fish;
- Fresh vegetables;
- Fruit (sour);
List of prohibited foods:
- Fat, smoked, fried;
- Semi-finished products;
- Beverages containing gas and preservatives;
- Spices, salt;
- Bread and confectionery products;
- Potatoes, beets, carrots;
- Sweet fruits;
Sample menu for the week
The keto diet has a sample menu. Taking into account the body's needs for nutrients, vitamins and minerals, it must be balanced. Consider an example of a week-long menu to eliminate annoying weight.
- 3 egg omelet, a slice of rye bread with cheese, protein shake;
- Brown rice, steamed chicken breast steak, hard cheese;
- Protein cocktail, nuts;
- Put the fish, vegetables, and freshly squeezed apple juice into the oven to bake.
The next day
- Bell peppers, stuffed with cheese, herbs and herbal tea;
- Seafood soup, rice and vegetables;
- Steamed turkey meat, vegetable mixture, a piece of hard cheese.
The third day
- Steamed fish cakes, cut vegetables, protein shakes;
- Stewed vegetables, fish baked in the oven with cheese;
- The rolls are stuffed with vegetables and cheese.
- Curd casserole, protein shake;
- Vegetable soup, vegetable salad with rice and boiled chicken;
- Eggplant with cheese and tomatoes baked in the oven;
- Steamed fish balls, vegetable salad.
The fifth day
- Omelet, cheese, yogurt;
- Stewed vegetables, fish and vegetables;
- Protein shake;
- Boil turkey with vegetables.
- Eggs stuffed with herbs and mushrooms, yogurt;
- Seafood soup, vegetable pieces, boiled chicken breast;
- Freshly squeezed apple juice;
- Grilled fish with cheese and kefir.
- Omelet, sprinkled with hard cheese, vanilla, and yogurt;
- Wild vegetables and vegetables, boiled chicken breast;
- Protein shake;
- Veal steak, vegetable salad, kefir.
- Pepper with curd filling.Mash the low-fat cheese in a bowl. Add the chopped herbs and an egg and mix. Pour boiling water on the bell peppers and let stand in hot water for 3-5 minutes. Then cut off the top and remove the core. Fill the vegetable cavity with cheese cubes. Put in the oven for 5 minutes. Drizzle with sour cream before serving.
- Fish balls.Remove the skin from the pollock and cut off the fillets. Chop the meat with a knife. Add a little onion, salt, grated cabbage and eggs. Stir the minced meat into a ball. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Casserole.Mash the cheese in a bowl, add 1 egg, grated zucchini, boiled cauliflower, break down into inflorescences, 1 tablespoon semolina. Stir thoroughly. Put the mixture into the mold. Sprinkle shredded hard cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream and vanilla.
There is no strict limit on the use period of the low carbohydrate diet. Biological characteristics play an important role in determining time.
Depending on your goals, you can choose one of the three existing keto diets:
- Permanent use for one week to one month (only fat, fiber and protein are used).
- Power designed for athletes (allowing less than 100 grams of carbohydrates).
- Circulation, providing a menu with added carbohydrate products once a week.
Anyway, after a month, you should rest for at least 3 weeks to saturate your body with the nutrients contained in carbohydrate foods.
How many kilograms can you lose?
A weekly diet can reduce body weight by 2-4 kg. During the first 3 weeks, excess fluid was released. In the subsequent period, weight loss is caused by the loss of body fat.
According to the comments, the following results are recorded:
- Within 2 weeks-lose 3-6 kg; per month
- -Subtract 7-11 kg.
Give up eating
In order to maintain and improve results, you should gradually introduce new products. If it is porridge, then no more than once a day, 100-150 grams. Try not to eat fresh baked goods. Generally, you should reconsider your attitude towards fried and smoked products. Except for harm, this food is not good for the human body.
If you have an irresistible desire to eat a favorite dish that is not recommended, then you can fast every 10 days, that is, you can eat one less meal in the morning. Therefore, the obsession with food will not always be troubled.
Exercise is also effective for continuing the weight loss process. 20-30 minutes a day is enough to maintain the shape and tone of the muscles. Hiking and outdoor activities will give you strength, energy and a good mood.
Pros and Cons
- Quick results.
- Miscellaneous menu.
- It is easy to carry and will not be hungry.
- Does not affect muscle mass.
- will not suppress emotions.
- Constipation and stomach upset may occur.
- Lack of glucose.
- The first three days may be unwell due to changes in diet.
Before major changes in diet, you should consult your doctor to rule out contraindications. Ignoring this advice can lead to worsening health and chronic diseases.
Avoid low-carb diets in the following situations:
- Mental disorders are identified;
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Diagnostic oncology;
- Hormonal destruction;
- Cardiovascular disease;
- Gastrointestinal diseases.
In addition, it is worth giving up restrictions during the recovery period after surgery or serious injury. Teenagers and elderly people are also banned.
During periods of low carbohydrate consumption, the digestive system and intestines may malfunction, which can lead to constipation and bloating.
To prevent such troubles, it is recommended to strictly observe the water balance. In addition, during the restriction period or after the course of treatment, it is worth drinking a vitamin complex to supplement the lack of useful vitamins and minerals.